Basic Life Support Training
Basic Life Support Training
Basic Life Support (BLS) is a set of essential skills used to sustain life and stabilise a person in a life-threatening emergency until they can receive proper medical care. The main BLS procedures are CPR and using an AED to reestablish a normal cardiac rhythm. Healthcare professionals, first responders, educators, childcare providers, and anyone interested in giving basic life support are potentially excellent candidates for Training22‘s Basic Life Support course.
BLS Course Content
If you are searching for BLS training near me, then Training22 is the best place. Our BLS course covers the following topics:
- CPR: The proper technique for performing chest compressions and rescue breaths on adults, children, and infants.
- AED Usage: Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) to deliver controlled electric shocks to restore a normal heart rhythm.
- Airway Management: Techniques for opening the airway and providing rescue breaths to individuals not breathing.
- Choking Relief: How to assist someone choking and unable to breathe.
- Recognition of Cardiac Arrest: Identifying the signs of cardiac arrest and responding quickly.
- Team Dynamics: Effective communication and coordination strategies when performing BLS in a team environment.
Upon completing the Level One Basic Life Support Course, participants may receive a certification indicating their proficiency in basic life support techniques. The certificate might be valid for a certain period, after which a renewal or refresher course might be required. The course emphasises practical training, ensuring that participants gain hands-on experience applying the techniques they learn. It can be precious when dealing with real-life emergencies.
Services Provided by Training22
- First Aid Training: As a specialist in First Aid Training, Training22 likely covers a wide range of essential first aid skills. It is valuable for individuals who want to learn how to respond effectively to various medical emergencies.
- Paediatric First Aid: Offering Paediatric First Aid training is crucial, especially for individuals who work with children, such as teachers, childcare providers, and parents. This training addresses the unique needs and considerations when providing first aid to children.
- Basic Life Support (BLS): Training22 offers critical Basic life support training near me as it can save lives in emergencies. By offering BLS training, Training22 builds a more prepared and responsive community.
Why Should You Take BLS Training?
The Basic Life Support (BLS) course is vital for several reasons, as it equips individuals with essential skills and knowledge to provide immediate care in life-threatening situations.
Here are some key reasons why Basic Life Support training in London is crucial:
- Saves Lives: BLS techniques are designed to intervene quickly and effectively in emergencies such as cardiac arrest, choking, or drowning. The actions taken during these critical moments can significantly increase the chances of survival until professional medical help arrives.
- First Response: BLS training empowers individuals to be the first responders in emergencies, often before healthcare professionals arrive. Early involvement can significantly alter the course of events.
- Immediate Care: In situations where time is of the essence, knowing how to perform CPR and use an AED can keep oxygen flowing to the brain and vital organs, crucial for preventing brain damage and death.
- Universal Skill: BLS skills are universal and relevant in various settings. Emergencies can happen anywhere, Whether at home, in a workplace, in a public space, or even in a recreational area. Being trained in BLS means you’re prepared to help regardless of location.
- Chain of Survival: BLS is an integral part of the “Chain of Survival,” which, when performed serially, increases the likelihood of survival from cardiac arrest. The chain includes early recognition, CPR, defibrillation, and advanced medical care.
- Community Resilience: When more individuals in a community are trained in BLS, the overall resilience of that community increases. In emergencies, there’s a higher likelihood that someone nearby will know how to respond effectively.